There are so many experiences that married couples want to share, but our busy schedules always come in between them. Having a bucket list will help you organize and plan ahead and give you a sense of fulfillment as you check off each experience.
My husband and made one while we were on our last trip together before our first baby arrived. We were enjoying our time together at a B&B, talking about how wonderful our lives were about to change. All of a sudden, my husband said, “Well, it’s going to be a very long time before it’s just the two of us again.” It wasn’t a complaint, just a matter-of-fact statement.
We know a lot of couples who have said that after their children arrived, they rarely had time for each each other. So we made a pact to make our marriage a priority, and that evening we made a bucket list of experiences we would share. We even crossed an item off during that trip by writing love letters to each other. We have continued crossing things off the list and have created some wonderful memories together. If you would like to create your own marriage bucket list, here are some ideas to get started.
1. Take a cooking class. Learn how to make a special dish and have a romantic night for just the two of you.
2. Take a dance class. The last time my husband and I took a dance class was for our wedding. We had so much fun I always wished we could have carried on with our lessons.
3. Get a couple’s massage or give one to each other. Check out YouTube videos to learn different techniques.
4. Play 20 Questions. You may know each other fairly well, so you might have to get creative. Ask the most random questions and you’ll learn more about each other than you thought possible.
5. Plan a trip to somewhere you’ve never been.
6. Help each other get over a fear.
7. Take a road trip together.
8. Go back to the place you shared your first date.
9. Have a professional photo shoot
10. Make each other breakfast in bed.
11. Start a random, new tradition together. My husband and I started having a date night every week.
12. Write love letters to each other.
13. Spend time volunteering in your community.
14. Make a playlist of your favorite songs. Include songs that have memories attached to them, like the first song you danced to.
15. Have a picnic.
16. Go camping.
17. Take a hot air balloon ride together.
18. Get good double date friends.
19. Take up a new hobby together.
20. Go to the bookstore and purchase a book that you would enjoy reading to each other.