Mother’s Day is finally approaching and I’m getting ready to shower the moms in my life with love and affection and, of course, something to unwrap. Personally, I feel that Mother’s Day should be celebrated every day, but since we only get to celebrate these wonderful women in our lives once a year, we should try to make it as memorable as they are. Here are 10 ways to show how much you care.
Create a custom gift basket centered around her hobbies and interests. Does she enjoy cooking. Give her a subscription to a cooking magazine or a personalized apron. Does she have a green thumb? Create a gift basket with a seed kit and some flowers from the local nursery that she can enjoy planting in her garden.
2. Buy a personalized gift like a necklace with her children’s birthstones.
3. Take her on a weekend spa getaway where she can be pampered. If you can’t get away, try a local spa
4. Enroll her in a class or take a class with her like yoga or a flower-arrangement class.
5. If it’s one thing that moms get overwhelmed about, it’s housework. Volunteer to do some housecleaning or run some errands for her.
6. Create a Mother’s Day card.
7. Have a beautiful family portrait done.
8. Make a video—Gather family and friends and talk about all the special moments they’ve spent with her. A wonderfully memorable gift that she could watch over again.
9. Make a special meal for her. Make a special dinner or serve her breakfast in bed. Or have a potluck where she can celebrate with family and friends.
10. Purchase some tickets to a play or a musical.
Happy Mother’s Day!