One Pan Mexican Quinoa
A nutritious Mexican-inspired dish that can be made in one pot!
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 jalapeno, minced
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well and drained
• 1 cup vegetable broth
• 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
• 1 cup corn kernels
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Juice if 1 lime
• 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 - 25 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime and cilantro. Serve immediately.